Saturday, April 30, 2011

About time


Until recently, I didn't have any puzzle piece jewelry other than necklaces. I then thought to put them on keychains, and I think that turned out pretty well. I considered putting them on earrings, but they just seemed too large for that.

Well, on Easter, my kids got a couple mini puzzles from family. They look just like regular puzzle pieces, but smaller (a lot like jigsaw pieces). Duh! So I went to the dollar store where they came from, because I didn't have the patience to wait for my kids to lose half their pieces before I confiscated them. They came in a two pack, so I now have more mini puzzle pieces than I know what to do with.

I found them a little harder to work with, being more difficult to cut around with my Exacto knife. But all in all, I think they turned out pretty well. I think I'll be painting a few pairs rather than decoupaging them. That may prove to be a bit easier. Now I get to poke holes in about 50 tiny puzzle pieces. Good thing to do on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment