Saturday, April 23, 2011

Vintage illustration



I've recently had the idea to use vintage illustration on my puzzle piece jewelry. I love the look of old drawings, and vintage ones are public domain, so they are free for any use by the public. No infringements to worry about!


At first, I just wanted a bird image for a spring necklace that I could wear for Easter. I searched free images on Google, and came across one that I thought was perfect. Turns out, it was vintage. That led me to search the net for other vintage images, and a whole line is now in the works. I love the internet.

2 comments:

  1. I love your style of using paper! Very cool idea, and so original. I've seen paper beads before, but not mixed with paper pendants. Your paper mache shell pendant necklace is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really try to get creative and come up with new ideas. In fact, when I came up with my puzzle piece jewelry, I checked over the whole Etsy site hoping no one already had that idea. Not as far as I could see, so it was a go!

    ReplyDelete