Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chain maille



I was (once again) messing around on Youtube, and came across another interesting venture: chain maille. I'm not really sure I have the patience to learn the proper techniques for real chain maille, but the thought was enough to give me something to play with.


For those of you who don't know what chain maille is (and I didn't until now), it is putting together jump rings to make interesting chains, or even sheets of chain. Chain link skirt? That's chain maille. I just made a few simple chains, like large rings connected by two smaller rings. Then I added a few paper beads hanging off the chain. I think that looks pretty cute. I'm going to experiment with this, although I haven't had much luck with more complicated designs.

If anyone else does chain maille, I would love to see some pictures of your work. Feel free to post a link!

No comments:

Post a Comment