Sunday, May 1, 2011

First sale

Today, I woke up to a cold, gloomy, and (eek!) snowy first day of May. But my day wasn't as bad as I had figured it would be. Despite the icky weather, I actually had a great day. I made my first online sale!

I've sold a couple items face to face, but I had yet to sell anything from my Etsy shop. I had my shop opened just over a month, and I know that it can take months to get that first sale. I was working desperately hard on my photographs, because after all, that is the main way to get buyers. Getting a start on Etsy can also be difficult, because when potential buyers see you have no sales or feedback, they may be wary. How can they know you are a good seller? Maybe you are really selling pretty looking junk. Maybe you won't ship your items for two weeks. For just this reason, feedback is important, just like on Ebay.

I've got my item all ready to ship in the morning. This little package of paper beads gets to travel up to Canada tomorrow. It isn't much; in fact, it's the cheapest item in my shop. But it still counts, and it's still a momentous occasion for my new little shop. That feedback will eventually give me more buyers. The more I sell, the more people will buy, and that is what I'm really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment