Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bead organization

The other day, I clipped a 40% off coupon for Michael's craft store. Wow, 40% off?! Well, it was only good for one item, but still, that's a good deal. I figured if I get something a little more expensive that I need, it will definitely be worth it. My two choices: bead storage, or paper cutter. As much as I could use a paper cutter so that I'm not cutting out all my paper beads by hand, I desperately needed more bead storage.

I was hoping for a small suitcase style with four or five bead containers, but couldn't manage to find one. I did, however, find one last book style storage. It opens up like a book, but has eight separate slide out storage pieces, with seven slots each. Score! It's perfect for taking along on a trip- not that I ever do my beading on the road, but it's nice to think that I could.



I also finally decided to get one of those beading boards. The ones where you can lay out all your beads in the design you want. It's very handy, because I don't have to string a bunch of beads, then realize I don't like the pattern, and have to take them all off and start over. This little $4 beading board even has five separate holes to put your beads while you work, rather than having them roll all over the desk.

Now I would love to get a big craft tote to hold everything, rather than my cheap plastic drawers. I am getting more and more organized. The more organized I get, the easier it is to get work done. Who knew? Now, if I could just get all my books and receipts in order, I'd be set. But organizing my beads is much more fun than paperwork.

1 comment:

  1. I love my bead boxes, and bead boards, too. It makes it so much easier to find and keep track of them. I have a bead board that is a hard plastic case with foam inside. It locks together to keep your layout safe, and I can take it with me anywhere! Michael's has them for about $20.

    For receipts and such I have file folders. You can pick these up at Walmart for around $5, or $7 from Staples. I have a separate one for my shipping labels, business cards, and stuff I use for sending out packages. Organization makes life so much easier, doesn't it?!

    I still want one of the book style bead cases. It would be great for travel!

    ReplyDelete