Thursday, March 31, 2011

Inspiration at the dollar store

Inspiration struck today as I was shopping at the dollar store for glow sticks for my kids. We are taking them to the circus tomorrow, and it's so much cheaper when I don't have to buy the glowing toys they offer there. I even got glow stick hat kits for a buck!

I was walking down the gift bag aisle, thinking to myself, "What pretty gift bags! And for only a dollar." Then it occurred to me; those pretty gift bags would make equally pretty paper beads.

There was this beautiful shiny pink bag, with reflections of blue. I have some cute pink beads coming in the mail, and they would go perfect with paper beads like that! I only bought four different bags, so as not to overwhelm myself. As soon as I got home, I instantly wanted to work on all four. I really fought with myself as to which one to start with first. Finally, I decided on one of the shiny reflective bags.

I went to work cutting, rolling and gluing, paying no mind to the pile of dishes in the sink I was supposed to be doing. I still haven't finished all of them, since this one gift bag seems to yield about eighty beads, and I just had to move on to the next bag to see what those beads would look like.

I'm happy with the way these ones turned out, and am beyond eager to finish all four bags. Not to mention the cereal box beads I already had started. Maybe I should do the dishes first...

No comments:

Post a Comment