Sunday, March 20, 2011

Interesting finds

Sometimes I like to search through Etsy to check out what other crafters have, and to get inspired. I occasionally come across a few things that really catch my attention, whether because they are exceptionally beautiful, or just odd and interesting. I thought I would share some of these with you.

My first is a real different kind of jewelry. It's called "Toilet paper & poop ring". I kid you not. It's a happy little roll of TP with a bit of poo on it.
Toilet paper & poop ring

My next is along the lines of cute-but-creepy jewelry. "Origami dress earrings-skulls" is interesting. The origami dresses are super cute. The skulls that sit atop their necklines, however, not so much. I picture these being worn by a little old voodoo lady down on the bayou.
Origami dress and skull earrings


Next up on the weird list: *Caution*- adult word coming up... "Diagram of a penis" necklace. Oh yes they did. This is a very novel idea (or maybe a bit more phalic than novel), but it caught my interest. It is an actual  diagram from a medical book on a clay medallion. Although I'm pretty sure I would never find an occasion to wear this piece. Adult toy selling party perhaps?
Diagram of a penis

Have you ever wished your pretty ring pop could just stay that way forever? Now it can! But don't lick this one, it's only resin.
Ring pop ring

And last, but not least, we have ba-bomb earrings. I actually find these ones pretty adorable. Who doesn't love something that takes them back to those good old days of playing Mario Bros. When video games were simple and one dimensional. Oh, to be a kid again.
"Bombomb" earrings

As I come across these strange and different items, I will be saving them to put in another post down the line. I hope you found these as interesting as I did, and believe me, I will be posting more.

Etsy shops, in order from top to bottom:  mybeadgarden, VintageFolds, sushipot, 1badattitude, and wasabeads

No comments:

Post a Comment