Thursday, March 17, 2011

A new blog is born

I've created this blog as a self proclaimed artist with a need for crafting. My fave? Creating recycled paper bead jewelry. I stumbled upon this idea a year or so ago, and quite honestly, I'm hooked. I spend a good chunk of my days diligently finding and cutting strips of paper and rolling them into beautiful beads. I just can't get enough! My latest find is using empty cereal and pop boxes. I've realized that this gives me an extra thick chunky bead, full of personality and charm.

As I sit here typing this, I look around my living room, thinking of all the things I should have been doing today. I'm babysitting for a friend in the morning, and the house is strewn with kid's clothes, toys, and of course, my jewelry making supplies. I know I need to get off my rump and tidy up before bed. It isn't lack of motivation, but more too much motivation for crafting, and not enough for cleaning. Maybe it's time to put down the beads for the night. I can just hear that pile of clean clothes calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment