Friday, October 14, 2011

Consignment opportunity

I recently found a business looking for consignment items for their craft store. I've been looking into getting my jewelry into a brick & mortar store, so I thought this would be a good opportunity. I contacted them, and they sent me a contract to look over. I spent the last couple days cranking out some hand-made packaging, and doing all the bookwork involved on my end.

Today I dropped off my jewelry, which, unfortunately will have to just sit flat on the shelf until Monday when I can bring in some displays (since they don't provide them). I am in the process of making my displays right now. I bought a couple nice black melanine shelves from the local hardware store, and some L-shaped hooks. I'm going to cut off the end 1/3 of the shelf, and attach that to the other part of the shelf, forming a 'T' shape. Put it upside down, and this will be my display stand. Then I just need to add the hooks, and it's ready to display my jewelry! I think I'll have my husband cut the shelves, since I'm not too skilled with a skill saw (pun intended).

1 comment:

  1. So awesome! I hope the consignment works well for you! I live in such a small town that doing consignment for me would make no sense. The only shopping that really gets done here is the grocery store and the gas station!

    ReplyDelete